- Each Content Type can only have one Tag field.
- The Tag field is a special field that is used by certain operations in dotCMS (such as Personalization), so duplicates are not allowed.
Adding a Tag Field
To add a Tag field to a Content Type, perform the following steps:
- Select the Content Types tab.
- Find and edit the Content Type you wish to add the Tag field to.
- Drag the Tag field from the list of field types on the right, and drop it into the list Content Type fields on the left.
- Set the Tag field name, and if appropriate set values for the other optional attributes.
- Save the Tag field properties.
- To verify the operation of the new Tag field, add or edit content of the appropriate Content Type from the Content tab:
For more information on using Tags in content, please see the Tagging documentation.