Files can be added directly from the site navigation tree in the Site -> Browser Tool.
You may also upload files in bulk using a WebDAV connection. The Site Browser is recommended when uploading a small number of files. For bulk or continuous file uploads, a WebDAV connection is recommended.
Uploading Files in the Site Browser
To upload files from the Site Browser:
- Right-click the desired directory and select New from the menu.
- To upload a single file, select Image or File. To upload multiple files, select Multiple Files.
- You can upload a maximum of 19 files at a time using the “Multiple Files” option in the Site Browser.
- Select the Content Type you'd like to use for the new file.
- Click the Choose File button to search your local computer for the file you wish to upload.
- It may not be possible to add files with very long paths in the host system; if necessary move the files to a location with a shorter path before adding them to dotCMS>
- (Single File Upload Only) Enter values for the remaining properties.
- The folder property will display the folder location you are uploading to.
- When uploading mutliple files, you will not be prompted to enter values for additional fields; to add values for optional properties you must edit each file after upload.
- Save or Save and Publish the file(s).
- Choose Save” to save an unpublished or draft copy of the file.
- Choose Save and Publish to publish the file so that it will be immediately visible on any page or navigation menu referencing the file.