A number of “seed” plugins are provided in the plugin-seeds repo in the corporate dotCMS Github repository. These examples provide example code to create the most common types of plugins for dotCMS and show the breadth of what you can do with dotCMS plugins.
For more information on each of these seed examples, including how to configure and install the plugins, please see the documents listed below.
Additionally, dotCMS has a github repo dedicated to various working plugin examples. This is a good source of information and most provide concrete functionality that is easy to replicate and understand.
⚠️ Note: All example plugins are presented as just that — examples. Plugins, even those that are developed by dotCMS, live outside of the dotCMS core system and are not supported by dotCMS without an additional OSGi support engagement. dotCMS Plugins are made available as examples; are not guaranteed to work; and are updated “lazily”, or as needed, by dotCMS staff.
dotCMS Provided Examples
- Seed Examples (GitHub)
- Working Examples (GitHub)
- dotZapier Plugin (various web application integrations)
- Add Rewrite Rule Plugin
- Content Hook / ContentAPI Interceptor Plugin
- XSS Prevention
- Custom Admin Portlet Plugin
- Custom Velocity Viewtool Plugin
- Custom Workflow Action Plugin
- Fragment/Exported Packages Plugin
- OAuth Authentication Plugin
- OSGi Services Plugin
- Override a dotCMS Class Plugin
- Actionlet — Rules plugin
- Conditionlet — Rules plugin
- Scheduled Quartz Job Plugin
- Static Push Publishing Plugin
- Third Party Jars and Libraries Plugin