Although dotCMS provides a wealth of features and documentation, the following documentation sections provide the core information you'll need to quickly get started:
- Creating Content Types for content contribution,
- Adding new page Templates and Containers,
- Adding a new Page using a Template, and
- Creating Simple Dynamic Pulls of Content using a Widget.
In addition to descriptions and instructions on how to use dotCMS features, each of the following documents also includes a link to a free, online training video which demonstrates the feature using real examples on a live system.
While you can review these documents and the online training videos in any order, each of these sections builds on the next, so we recommend that you complete them in the order shown in the navigation tree on the left.
You can install dotCMS on your computer either as a local instance (on Windows, Linux, or OS/X), or via a dotCMS Docker container.
- To install dotCMS on your own computer, please review the Quick Start Guide in the Installation documentation.
- To install dotCMS using a Docker container, please review the Getting Started in Docker Containers documentation in the dotCMS Docker documentation.
dotCMS Demo Server
As an alternative to installing dotCMS yourself, you can still get started easily using the dotCMS Demo Site, accessible to everyone:
- Front-end URL: https://demo.dotcms.com
- Back-end URL: https://demo.dotcms.com/dotAdmin
- Username: email@example.com
- Password: admin
Please be aware of the following when using the dotCMS Demo Site:
- The dotCMS Demo Site is available to everyone, and shared among all users.
- Although it's very rare, it is possible for you to lose all your work or lose access to the Demo Site due to the actions of other users.
- Never use the Demo Site for development or destructive tests.
- The Demo Site should be used for simple tests and demonstrations of dotCMS functionality only.
- If you need to do extensive tests, or make any changes which require you to save your work, install dotCMS locally.
- The Demo site resets completely twice a day, and you will lose all your work when the Demo Site resets. Reset times are:
- Between 12:00PM-12:30PM EST [GMT-5]
- Between 12:00AM-12:30AM EST [GMT-5]