dotCMS Launches Commerce Experience Solution with Partners Dept, commercetools, and Unbxd
Jun 11, 2019
dotCMS, a leading open-source Java CMS, has unveiled together with their partner Dept, an API-first Commerce Experience Solution based on its NoCode-first Enterprise CMS combined with leading commerce engine commercetools and search and merchandising vendor Unbxd.
“We’re extremely excited to bring this solution to the market. It will help B2B and B2C retailers to be successful and drive online revenues and conversion, without breaking the bank,” said Stefan Schinkel, Chief Sales Officer at dotCMS. “Our NoCode-first CMS combined with the competitive offerings of commercetools and Unbxd, gives brands the agility and speed they need to move away from monolithic solutions that take too long to implement and leave no room for innovation. We’re pleased to have developed this solution with our partners.”
The new Commerce Experience Solution takes into account the core capabilities of dotCMS along with the powerful features of commercetools and Unbxd that Dept has found to be most beneficial to customers. These features and capabilities include:
- NoCode Digital Marketing: Marketers and business users get the full dotCMS editing experience in a headless environment, including a set of NoCode tools to manage customer experiences across every channel and device.
- Native GraphQL Support: The dotCMS GraphQL support exposes the dotCMS content repository as GraphQL and provides an API that allows developers to query and return specific properties of content and shape the API response at call time.
- APIs and API Builder: Developer tooling to support a full range of REST actions including content pulls, content formatting, remote API calls, and content rendering.
- Commerce Platform: dotCMS’s flexible APIs lets you engage with your customers via webshops, mobile apps, voice assistants, AR/VR applications, social networks, and others. Commercetools offer a catalogue of 300+ API endpoints for your commerce projects which you can consume á la carte. The modular architecture enables you to rapidly build new customized services for your customers, iterate quickly, and run new business models at a global scale.
- Merchant Center: The commercetools Merchant Center helps you handle your most critical data and processes while keeping up with changing market conditions. Its intuitive user interface lets you manage product data, orders, and customer data for all retail channels. Additional functions, such as configurable forms and batch processing, help you to quickly and easily complete your daily tasks.
- PIM: commercetools has an advanced Product Information Management (PIM) already built in natively – no installation or integration required! Simply log into the web app and take control of your catalog data, add new attributes, bulk edit variants, and maintain all of your retail channels.
- Relevance: Unbxd’s Machine Learning Site Search goes beyond traditional text-pattern matching and understands the intent behind each word in the query as it relates to your catalog. Thus, providing a highly relevant product discovery experience.
- Personalization: With the Unbxd’s Machine Learning algorithms monitoring your shoppers’ behavior on the site, each interaction is personalized based on their affinities.
- Built for Merchandisers: With easy-to-use merchandising features, your merchandisers are empowered to optimize Site Search without any IT intervention.
- Automated Correction & Visual Autosuggest: The Unbxd engine includes Natural Language Processing capabilities for automated spell correction and stemming issues. Also, the Visual Guided Autosuggest shortens path to purchase.
“Dept is proud to have helped develop this innovative solution; its headless architectural approach really puts control back in the hands of our clients, while lowering the cost and effort required to develop a flexible technology stack that truly supports business objectives,” said Harvey Turner, Managing Director at Dept Design & Technology.
“Unbxd is pleased to partner with dotCMS. Unbxd’s AI-based site search and personalization technology helps drive conversions and revenue, while our merchandising tools give ecommerce teams tools to easily customize the shopper’s experience,” said Joe Ayyoub, SVP, Customer Experience at Unbxd.
To learn more about the Commerce Experience Solution and to hear directly from dotCMS, Dept, and Unbxd, read our Solution Brief.
Dept is an international digital agency of over 1,200 experienced thinkers and makers. One agency uniting creativity, technology and data. We help our clients reinvent and accelerate their digital reality by creating experiences that people want and businesses need. Visit deptagency.com for more.
Unbxd is an AI-driven eCommerce search platform that understands shopper intent and connects them to the products they are most likely to buy — across site search, browse, and recommendation purchase journeys. The platform combines AI-based automation, powerful merchandising controls, and extensive personalization capabilities to enhance on-site shopper experience and guarantee conversion lift for online retailers.
Unbxd enables 36 billion annual interactions and $4.5 billion in online revenue for leading retailers like Express, HSN, Ashley HomeStore, and Rue21.
commercetools is a next-generation software technology company that offers a true cloud commerce platform, providing the building blocks for the post-web era. Our leading-edge API approach helps retailers create brand value by empowering commerce teams to design unique and engaging digital commerce experiences everywhere – today and in the future. Our agile, componentized architecture improves profitability by significantly reducing development time and resources required to migrate to modern commerce technology and meet new customer demands. The innovative platform design enables commerce possibilities for the future by offering the option to either use the platform's entire set of features or deploy individual services, á la carte over time. This state-of-the-art architecture is the perfect starting point for customized microservices, enabling retailers to significantly reduce time-to-market for innovative commerce functionalities. With offices in Germany and the United States, B2C and B2B companies from across the globe including well-known brands in fashion, E-Food, and DIY retail trust commercetools to power their digital commerce business. Visit www.commercetools.com for more information.
dotCMS is a content management system that helps global enterprises with sophisticated content requirements create, manage and deliver content anywhere. The dotCMS platform is best suited for organizations across industries who manage multiple brands, websites, workflows and content types across multiple languages, and need a platform that is secure and scalable for a development team to work with, but also has intuitive editing tools for content and marketing teams to manage their mission-critical content.
Brands such as Dairy Queen, Newell, Greensky, Chewy and Comcast have chosen dotCMS as their primary platform to scale their content operations and empower their marketing teams so they can reduce developer dependency, enabling teams to go-to-market faster, without sacrificing the flexibility and security of their CMS.