dotCMS Continues Transformation, Strengthens Position as an Enterprise Hybrid CMS
Sep 10, 2018
dotCMS 5.0 increases the level of ‘NoCode’ for the benefit of business users, furthering the prominence of dotCMS as a Hybrid CMS in the enterprise web content management market.
dotCMS, a leading open source Java CMS, has “progressed beyond the level of a headless CMS,” in light of the launch of dotCMS 5.0.
To accompany dotCMS’s API-first approach, which has enabled dotCMS clients to launch Alexa Skills and omnichannel customer experiences, dotCMS 5.0 introduced a slew of drag-and-drop features, including a page editor, layout editor, workflow builder, and content type builder.
With these new marketer-friendly features, dotCMS 5.0 provides the flexibility of a headless CMS regarding omnichannel content delivery — without sacrificing the content authoring experience.
“dotCMS has progressed beyond the level of a headless CMS by giving marketers and business people the freedom to create and publish content quickly and easily. Yet, dotCMS remains an API-first, best-of-breed solution that prevents vendor lock-in and unshackles brands by allowing them to integrate with any third-party tool on the market,” said Will Ezell, CTO of dotCMS.
“A Hybrid CMS — which is what we feel best describes dotCMS — combines the best of a headless CMS and a suite solution, without actually being either,” explained Ezell. “As a true Hybrid CMS, dotCMS takes into consideration content delivery and content publishing, with the ability to operate head-optional or decoupled architecture as well as with publishing options including static, dynamic, and single-to-multi.”
The label of Hybrid CMS perfectly captures the new and improved dotCMS offering, as it encompasses the five ways that dotCMS surpasses other headless CMS:
- Headless Content Management Without Compromise: Unlike a pure headless CMS, dotCMS doesn’t compromise its industry-leading content authoring experience. Instead, dotCMS’ decoupled architecture serves both technical and business users by separating its headless content management layer from its tried-and-tested content authoring experience.
- IoT-ready APIs: As part of its Content as Infrastructure philosophy, dotCMS provides robust RESTful APIs that exceed competitor capabilities. Further to seamless third-party integrations and written content delivery, dotCMS APIs can deliver all forms of content, in any format, enabling brands to innovate and thrive in the IoT era.
- Container-ready: dotCMS users can quickly and easily leverage containerization tools such as Docker4 and Kubernetes to deploy microservices, enable cost-efficient DevOps, and optimize infrastructure.
- Open Source: Open source software gives every dotCMS user the freedom to innovate and troubleshoot without restrictions.
- Lightweight: As a hybrid CMS, dotCMS acts as an underlying technology that is robust and supportive of enterprise-grade platforms, without burdening brands with an entire data center or over-the-top infrastructure.
- High-performance: dotCMS has been honing its code for fifteen years. Today, the platform is made up of lean code and containerized microservices, both of which help to ensure cutting-edge performance for dotCMS’ enterprise clients.
To learn more about dotCMS 5.0 and how you can upgrade, visit: www.dotcms.com/dotcms-5
dotCMS is the most agile, scalable and secure content management system for enterprise. Built on leading Java technology, dotCMS is an open-source, hybrid-headless content management system that gives developers the flexibility of a headless CMS while equipping marketers with no-code visual content authoring. Whether you're building a network of global websites, an employee intranet, customer portal, or single page web application, dotCMS helps you manage content, images, and assets in one centralized location and deliver them to any channel.
Founded in 2003, dotCMS is a privately held US company with a global network of certified development partners and an active open source community. dotCMS has generated millions of downloads and more than 100,000 implementations and integration projects worldwide. Notable customers include: Telus, Standard & Poors, Hospital Corporation of America, Royal Bank of Canada, Comcast, Thomson Reuters, Dairy Queen, City Furniture, Varo Bank, Lennox International, Firstmac and Newell Brands.