dotCMS Adds Performance Improvements for Customers with Large Content Repositories and Other New Features in dotCMS 5.1.5
May 08, 2019
Miami, FL - dotCMS, a leading-edge, open source hybrid content management software company, announces their latest release, dotCMS 5.1.5 which adds new features, performance improvements for customers with large content repositories, and minor upgrades. This release builds upon its most recent major release, dotCMS 5.1.
“This new version, dotCMS 5.1.5, while not a major release, still has a lot to offer our users,” said Will Ezell, dotCMS CTO. “Users will notice the changes immediately, from the cleaner, refreshed login screen to the new stateless API key functionality and more.”
Notable changes in dotCMS 5.1.5. include:
- Custom content portlets that let users design their own content portlets (e.g. “News Manager”)
- Layouts can now add classes to Rows and Containers
- New Stateless API Tokens which can be issued / revoked from the UI
- A cleaner, redesigned login screen
- Legacy dotCMS endpoints now accept JSON and API tokens (for example, adding and pushing a bundle)
- Reindex performance has been greatly improved
- Workflow APIs can be used instead of the Content APIs to push API Content through defined workflow processes. Content that uses the Workflow API can include binaries and relationships. Workflow actions can be specified by name or id (feature parity with /api/content)
For more on dotCMS 5.1.5, visit dotcms.com/docs/latest/changelogs#release-5.1.5
dotCMS is the most agile, scalable and secure content management system for enterprise. Built on leading Java technology, dotCMS is an open-source, hybrid-headless content management system that gives developers the flexibility of a headless CMS while equipping marketers with no-code visual content authoring. Whether you're building a network of global websites, an employee intranet, customer portal, or single page web application, dotCMS helps you manage content, images, and assets in one centralized location and deliver them to any channel.
Founded in 2003, dotCMS is a privately held US company with a global network of certified development partners and an active open source community. dotCMS has generated millions of downloads and more than 100,000 implementations and integration projects worldwide. Notable customers include: Telus, Standard & Poors, Hospital Corporation of America, Royal Bank of Canada, Comcast, Thomson Reuters, Dairy Queen, City Furniture, Varo Bank, Lennox International, Firstmac and Newell Brands.