dotCMS Adds Performance Improvements for Customers with Large Content Repositories and Other New Features in dotCMS 5.1.5
May 08, 2019
Miami, FL - dotCMS, a leading-edge, open source hybrid content management software company, announces their latest release, dotCMS 5.1.5 which adds new features, performance improvements for customers with large content repositories, and minor upgrades. This release builds upon its most recent major release, dotCMS 5.1.
“This new version, dotCMS 5.1.5, while not a major release, still has a lot to offer our users,” said Will Ezell, dotCMS CTO. “Users will notice the changes immediately, from the cleaner, refreshed login screen to the new stateless API key functionality and more.”
Notable changes in dotCMS 5.1.5. include:
- Custom content portlets that let users design their own content portlets (e.g. “News Manager”)
- Layouts can now add classes to Rows and Containers
- New Stateless API Tokens which can be issued / revoked from the UI
- A cleaner, redesigned login screen
- Legacy dotCMS endpoints now accept JSON and API tokens (for example, adding and pushing a bundle)
- Reindex performance has been greatly improved
- Workflow APIs can be used instead of the Content APIs to push API Content through defined workflow processes. Content that uses the Workflow API can include binaries and relationships. Workflow actions can be specified by name or id (feature parity with /api/content)
For more on dotCMS 5.1.5, visit dotcms.com/docs/latest/changelogs#release-5.1.5
dotCMS is a content management system that helps global enterprises with sophisticated content requirements create, manage and deliver content anywhere. The dotCMS platform is best suited for organizations across industries who manage multiple brands, websites, workflows and content types across multiple languages, and need a platform that is secure and scalable for a development team to work with, but also has intuitive editing tools for content and marketing teams to manage their mission-critical content.
Brands such as Dairy Queen, Newell, Greensky, Chewy and Comcast have chosen dotCMS as their primary platform to scale their content operations and empower their marketing teams so they can reduce developer dependency, enabling teams to go-to-market faster, without sacrificing the flexibility and security of their CMS.