dotCMS 2.0 Public Demo / Beta
Nov 14, 2011
- Allows the creation of multiple, muli-level workflow schemes for content and files.
- Workflows can trigger customizable subactions.
- Different content type can have different workflows
- New file types can be created, fields can be customized on a per filetype basis
- URL addressable binary files with all the benefits of being content.
- Metadata/content is extracted from files and is indexed and made searchable, including full-text indexing. This allows for document management solutions to be created using the dotCMS platform.
- Index Replication/Auto-sharding
- Index once, available everywhere in clustered installations.
- Allows index infrastructure to scale separately from dotCMS installation based on an implementation’s need
- Content can be locked for editing - only the editing user or CMS Administrators can release the lock.
- Workflows and content locking are integrated into an improved content editing UI.
- Allows a content type an unlimited number of values that can be determined when the content is being entered – think the specifications page for various electronic products in an ecommerce environment.
- Content state has been moved to a separate table
- Identifiers, live and working versions all enforced by referential integrity
dotCMS is a leading, open source content and customer experience management platform for companies that want innovation and performance driving their websites and other content-driven applications. Extensible and massively scalable, both small and large organizations can rapidly deliver personalized and engaging content across browsers, mobile devices, channels, second screens and endpoints -- all from a single system.
Founded in 2003, dotCMS is a privately owned US company with offices in Miami, Florida; Boston, Massachusetts and San Jose, Costa Rica. With a global network of certified development partners and an active open source community, dotCMS has generated more than a half-million downloads and thousands of implementations and integration projects worldwide. Notable dotCMS customers include: Telus, Standard & Poors, Hospital Corporation of America, Royal Bank of Canada, DirecTV, Thomson Reuters, China Mobile, Aon, and DriveTest Ontario.