dotCMS 1.9.1 adds red-lining, multi-lingual backend and improved search
Sep 15, 2010
Tweet this: dotCMS launches v1.9.1; red-lining, multi-lingual, improved search added to WCM http://bit.ly/a2JeNK
“We have never launched a point release with this number of new features,” commented Will Ezell, CTO of dotCMS. “I am very proud of our R&D team, the Community and Partners for knocking this out 7 weeks after a major release.”
The major additions of 1.9.1 include:
- Multi-lingual backend now includes Spanish, French, German and Conversational Chinese translations. Thanks to our Partners CGX AG and Asta Systems!
- Red-lining : "what's changed" tracks additions, deletions before publishing.
- New I/O friendly disk cache implementation speeds page delivery and overall throughput.
- JSP/Velocity integration tool eases legacy/enterprise system integration by allowing JSPs to be wrapped by velocity templates and content.
- Improved starter site ships with Events calendar, more demonstrations, Google Maps and Google Analytics.
- Multi-host sites will exclude system content by default, more cleanly separating content that lives on specific hosts.
- Multi-host sites log you into the host that you are viewing by default.
- Community contributed JSON Tool - server side JSON handling that allows you to consume and reuse JSON from remote systems - thanks Michael Fienen (@fienen)!
- Community contributed email Tool - scripting friendly tool allows email communication from within Velocity - thanks Chris Falzone (@chris_falzone)!
- A number of minor bug fixes and improvements.
All of the improvements listed above are available in the Community Edition of dotCMS, with the exception of Red-Lining. All 1.9.1 features will be included in all Enterprise products.
dotCMS is a content management system that helps global enterprises with sophisticated content requirements create, manage and deliver content anywhere. The dotCMS platform is best suited for organizations across industries who manage multiple brands, websites, workflows and content types across multiple languages, and need a platform that is secure and scalable for a development team to work with, but also has intuitive editing tools for content and marketing teams to manage their mission-critical content.
Brands such as Dairy Queen, Newell, Greensky, Chewy and Comcast have chosen dotCMS as their primary platform to scale their content operations and empower their marketing teams so they can reduce dependency development, enabling teams to go-to-market faster, without sacrificing the flexibility and security of their CMS.