dotCMS 1.9.1 adds red-lining, multi-lingual backend and improved search
Sep 15, 2010
Miami FL - 16 September 2010 - dotCMS announced today that it has made 1.9.1 available on http://dotcms.com/downloads/ This follows the July 27 release of 1.9.
Tweet this: dotCMS launches v1.9.1; red-lining, multi-lingual, improved search added to WCM http://bit.ly/a2JeNK
“We have never launched a point release with this number of new features,” commented Will Ezell, CTO of dotCMS. “I am very proud of our R&D team, the Community and Partners for knocking this out 7 weeks after a major release.”
The major additions of 1.9.1 include:
- Multi-lingual backend now includes Spanish, French, German and Conversational Chinese translations. Thanks to our Partners CGX AG and Asta Systems!
- Red-lining : "what's changed" tracks additions, deletions before publishing.
- New I/O friendly disk cache implementation speeds page delivery and overall throughput.
- JSP/Velocity integration tool eases legacy/enterprise system integration by allowing JSPs to be wrapped by velocity templates and content.
- Improved starter site ships with Events calendar, more demonstrations, Google Maps and Google Analytics.
- Multi-host sites will exclude system content by default, more cleanly separating content that lives on specific hosts.
- Multi-host sites log you into the host that you are viewing by default.
- Community contributed JSON Tool - server side JSON handling that allows you to consume and reuse JSON from remote systems - thanks Michael Fienen (@fienen)!
- Community contributed email Tool - scripting friendly tool allows email communication from within Velocity - thanks Chris Falzone (@chris_falzone)!
- A number of minor bug fixes and improvements.
All of the improvements listed above are available in the Community Edition of dotCMS, with the exception of Red-Lining. All 1.9.1 features will be included in all Enterprise products.
dotCMS is the most agile, scalable and secure content management system for enterprise. Built on leading Java technology, dotCMS is an open-source, hybrid-headless content management system that gives developers the flexibility of a headless CMS while equipping marketers with no-code visual content authoring. Whether you're building a network of global websites, an employee intranet, customer portal, or single page web application, dotCMS helps you manage content, images, and assets in one centralized location and deliver them to any channel.
Founded in 2003, dotCMS is a privately held US company with a global network of certified development partners and an active open source community. dotCMS has generated millions of downloads and more than 100,000 implementations and integration projects worldwide. Notable customers include: Telus, Standard & Poors, Hospital Corporation of America, Royal Bank of Canada, Comcast, Thomson Reuters, Dairy Queen, City Furniture, Varo Bank, Lennox International, Firstmac and Newell Brands.