We are a growing open source software company looking for a detail-oriented technical person to test versions of our web application before release. This position requires excellent communication skills and attention to detail. Applicants are asked to submit a sample bug report along with their resume. The piece should demonstrate writing and logical reasoning skills. If you have previous QA testing experience, please submit a related work product.
- Create and track bugs/defects
- Work across teams under agile methodologies participating under the QA role actively, identifying requirements and analyzing design specifications with the team and communicating in English with technical and non- technical members
- Perform QA technical testing tasks like API and database testing interpreting queries and database tables relations
- Understand web applications and interactivity
- Device, operating system, and browser support testing
- Create and maintain QA documentation like test plans, test cases and status reports and collecting metrics
- Write automation tests to improve overall code coverage and quality.
- Verify that anticipated features for upcoming releases are working as expected
- Sending status reports informing about status of the testing process, basic metrics, results of tests and raising relevant priority issues and risks
- Contribute to online documentation
- Experience building and using web applications and user Interfaces
- Experience using testing management software tracking systems
- Experience with databases environments
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving oriented skills
- High attention to details, edge cases, and hard-to-find scenarios.
- Familiarity with agile development or related development methodology
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with tools to manually test REST services such as Postman or Curl
- Familiarity with software development process
- Ability to work independently
- Desirable experience working with docker
- Experience with CI/CD implementations
- Experience with automation is a plus
Your Compensation. We offer competitive compensation that allows you to make a great living for yourself and your loved ones. The salary range for this role is based on experience and we are currently seeking candidates in the Latin America region.
Your Team. We’re a humble, competitive, and small vendor making waves in our industry and you will be part of a team that has your back. You never walk alone! We are a diverse and distributed team.
Your Voice. Your voice matters to all of us and we appreciate your opinion as we scale our company to the next level in an open and transparent environment. We’ll periodically update the entire team on business performance and strategic initiatives, and offer the stage for an entrepreneurial-minded professional to come up with key initiatives that help to move the needle.
Your Benefits. We appreciate you as an individual, team member, and professional. We can only expect you to deliver high-performance with the right amount of You-time, therefore you will be a full-time contract employee who can enjoy an unlimited PTO policy and paid company holidays.
Your Office. We’re a 100% remote work company.
dotCMS is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US as we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time. Additionally, this is a full-time role and we are not accepting contractors or C2C candidates.