dotCMS is an established, growing and profitable software company that develops enterprise Content Management Solutions using Java and cloud based technologies. dotCMS software powers sites, intranets and content for many large global customers including financial institutions, global brands and public universities among others. We are looking for DevOps and Automation Engineers that can help us design, tune, automate, maintain and grow our scalable, reliable, secure and highly available environments. These individuals would be joining the team responsible for 24x7 cloud infrastructure and working closely with other developers to drive infrastructure improvements. Candidates have three or more years of experience with: systems and automation engineering; modern security processes; software development; AWS and GCP cloud development; managing HA infrastructure, managing java application servers; platform containerization and orchestration.
- Managing and improving automation framework and tooling for provisioning, monitoring, and administering dotCMS cloud installations in AWS
- Improve and further automate continuous integration and delivery of dotCMS product.
- Work with R&D to design and implement features that will enable dotCMS customers to have continuous deployments with their dotCMS content and custom code.
- Work with R&D to properly develop our containerized and orchestrated deployments
- Assist engineering and support staff with incoming cloud requests.
- Occasionally travel for company meetings or to consult with clients on-site (usually less than one trip per quarter)
- 3+ Years experience with scripting and programming, Java, python and bash
- 3+ Years experience with continuous integration, delivery, and deployment
- 3+ Years with Containerization and Orchestration, e.g. Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes
- 3+ Years experience with tools like GitHub, GitLab, Ansible, Packer, Chef, Puppet, Zookeeper, Jenkins, and Bamboo
- 3+ Years experience scripting cloud APIs (AWS preferred)
- 2+ Years experience with Highly available environments
- Proven and demonstrable analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
- Able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Willing and able to travel occasionally
Preferred Experiences and Skills
- Container frameworks like: Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes, EKS, ECS, RKT, Mesos
- Cloud hosted environments like: Amazon, Azure, Google, Digital Ocean
- Multiple years of linux experience
- Database experience: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQLServer
- Java Application Server Management
- Elasticsearch cluster management
dotCMS is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US as we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time. Additionally, this is a full-time role and we are not accepting contractors or C2C candidates.